Wednesday 8 June 2016

P4 production materials & techniques for an original print media

P4 – Using Pre-Production Materials 
Using my original layout for the print design I decided that I did not want people to be in this advertisement. I planned to use the ideas I captured in my film and translate them to something that is more immediately recognizable and relatable without their being people. I changed the original design a bit to use more of the concepts from the video, to match the mood board, to be more beautiful, and to have more information.
I used Photoshop to complete this project. A standard 4 sheet billboard is 40 inches in width and 60 inches in height. I reduced this to be 10 inches in width and 20 inches in height to make it easier to work with and view on the computer. 

I made use of the colour scheme, mood board and font choices I had looked at in P1. This kept things consistent and allowed me to focus on layout more than colour when it came down to making the poster. I ended up choosing the two fonts I liked most in P1 and using both of them. This let me play around with the text and add different colours, filters and styles to them to give the poster more things that stand out while still keeping it elegant like many Ferrero Rocher advertisements 


Setting up equipment:





Camera:

Cannon 7D camera which is the camera that I used for take most of the shot.I used this camera to film the technology shot such as long shot,high angles,following shot.The reason that I choose this camera is this is a professional photographer camera.It comes out with really high quality.Also there are a lot of settings such as white balance,shutter speed and Aperture.The quick setting allows me to change the settings easily during my filming.


Lighting:


As the image above,I put a table at the middle of the studio and set two lights at both side of the table.Both of the lights that I used in the studio has two different lighting level,which allowed me to change the lightness more sensitively.This can help me find the best and most suitable lightness for my photos and allows me to take a range of picture with different light levels.







Key light

This is the main light. It is placed to one side of the camera/subject so that this side is well lit and the other side has some shadow.It is usually the strongest and has the most influence on the look of the scene. The key light also is the first and usually most important light that a lighting cameraman, or other scene composer will use in a lighting setup.The purpose of the key light is to highlight the form and dimension of the subject.

Film light

This is the secondary light and is placed on the opposite side of the key light. It is used to fill the shadows created by the key. The fill will usually be softer and less bright than the key. To acheive this, you could move the light further away or use some spun.

Tripod:

I set a tripod at front of the table at the same level to make sure I can take the photos steady and it can help to avoid blurry.The height of the tripod was also very easily adjusted, as were the angles the camera attached to it could shoot at. The whole thing was very secure and it worked extremely well for me!



Use the pre-production material as reference to the procession process

Taking the photo:



For all of the photograph shoots,I made sure the camera was under Manual Condition.




For these two image above I took,I choose a low aperture level (2.0) to take the photo.And it matches with 1/160 sec shutter speed and 160 ISO which allows a shallow depth of field.

As we can see from the images,in both photos,it focus one of the product and not these behind it.




First of all, when I shoot in the studio, we used three point lighting system.For this photo, I used a key light and as we can see there was a shadow on the left above part.I used a fill light for this photo as well and it allow me to fill the shadows created by the key.Using a relatively low ISO speed rating of 250 and it matched with the 1/160 shutter speed and 2.0 aperture.


I turned the back light on and it gave a warm yellow light.I set the ISO to 250 to apply with the new lighting and it combined with 1/160 sec shutter speed and 2.0 aperture.As we can see from the image above,I've got the shallow depth of field and shown very clearly.The middle one is in focus and standing out from the two behind it.


For both of the photos,I set 2.5 aperture which gave a shallow depth of field.It allows we concertrate on the ferrero.250 ISO was stting for applying the lighting and it combined with 1/125 sec shutter speed.The low ISO also gave a good quality and clear photo.Especially I took these from the top.

Software

Adobe Photoshop



Adobe Photoshop is a raster graphics editor developed and published by Adobe Systems for Windows and OS X.I use photoshop to edit my photos to give a high stand and quality movie posters.








Following safe working practices

Risk apply



Following safe working practices meant that we had to look at the risk assessment we conducted, to make sure that everyone included was considered and prevented.



I believe the risk assessment I have written is very important for me in keeping things consistent on the days of the photographing; if anything goes wrong, as I have written before, I will know exactly how to handle the situation, and how to correct it straight away too!



No comments:

Post a Comment